1 1⁄4 cups butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla
3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Add to creamed mixture and blend until smooth.
- Divide dough and flatten each into a round disc to chill more quickly. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour, until dough is slightly firm.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface. Cut shapes and place on a Sheet Pan lined with parchment paper. Chill until firm.
- Bake cookies for 8 - 10 minutes, or until lightly golden at edges.