Sheet Pan Fajita Dinner
This meal comes together quickly—a great go-to for busy nights.
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup mixed greens and 1 tsp Epicure dressing.
2 bell peppers
1⁄2 red onion
1 1⁄2 lbs (675 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or flank steak
2 tbsp oil
1–2 tbspFajita Seasoning
12 small whole-grain or corn tortillas
1 cup grated cheese, preferably low fat
Toppings (optional): prepared Guacamole, prepared Poco Picante Salsa, cilantro, lime wedges
- Arrange racks in top and bottom third of oven. Preheat broiler to high.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice peppers and onion. Cut chicken into bite-seize pieces and place on Sheet Pan. Add oil and seasoning; toss to evenly mix, then spread out in a single layer.
- Broil, rotating pan and stirring often, until cooked through, 8–10 min.
- Wrap tortillas in foil; place on bottom rack in oven for last 3 min of cooking.
- Remove both from oven; sprinkle cheese over chicken mixture. Serve in warm tortillas with toppings, as desired.
Per serving (2 fajitas): Calories 430, Fat 14 g (Saturated 3 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 670 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 35 g.
Go vegetarian and use ground meat substitute.