Tuscan-brined Chicken Breasts
Brining makes the most succulent chicken breasts. Make ahead and thinly slice leftovers for a healthy alternative to deli meat.
1⁄4 cup Kosher salt
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 cups water
2 tsp Pizza Seasoning
2 cups ice water
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a Multipurpose Pot and simmer over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until ready to use.
- To brine chicken, combine cooled brine, ice water and chicken in a brining bag and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain brine and rinse chicken. Sear in a frying pan.
- Place in a 350° F (175° C) oven and bake for approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
Per serving: Calories 140, Fat 3 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 100 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 0 g), Protein 27 g.