Surf 'n Turf Kebabs
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 ear grilled corn, 1 cup leafy green salad
2 hot or medium Italian turkey sausages, about 6 oz (170 g)
2 small zucchinis, thickly sliced into rounds
1 lb (450 g) peeled and deveined large shrimp
1 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp Montreal Steak Rub
1 red onion, cut into large chunks
1⁄4 cupPesto Sauce, prepared
- Place sausage in a Rectangular Steamer. Cover; microwave for 2 minutes on high. Drain liquid. Slice into thick rounds.
- Preheat grill to medium–high.
- In large bowl, toss together sausage, zucchini, shrimp, and oil; add steak rub and toss to mix.
- Skewer sausages, zucchini, shrimp, and onion onto skewers, alternating pieces.
- Grill, turning often, until shrimp are pink and cooked through, 4–6 minutes. Place on a platter and brush with Pesto Sauce.
Per serving: Calories 270, Fat 13 g (Saturated 3 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 235 mg, Sodium 860 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 28 g.
Grill lemons alongside kebabs. Cut lemons in half, and place cut-sides down on grill until lightly charred. Squeeze juice over shrimp.