Hey there, fellow bakers! Let’s turn those ripe bananas into a scrumptious, moist loaf with subtle yet satisfying sweetness and notes of cinnamon. We’ve tweaked this classic favourite so it’s just three ingredients and sugar-conscious, and our mix is gluten-free so you don’t have to worry about that! If you’re following the Epic Life program, slice the loaf into 12 servings for an Epic Life-approved dessert.
2 ripe medium bananas
1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
1⁄2 cup chocolate fudge sauce, optional
- Generously oil Rectangular Steamer with a basting brush
- In a large bowl, mash bananas; they should measure about 3⁄4 cup. Add eggs and oil; whisk to mix. Stir in mix.
- Scrape batter into steamer; smooth top.
- Cook for 8 min in the microwave on high, uncovered. Rest in steamer for 6 min; invert onto wire rack to cool. Or bake in preheated 350° F oven, 40–45 min. Cool in steamer 10 min; unmold.
- When completely cool, drizzle on sauce, if desired. Slice and serve.
Per serving (1 slice): Calories 130, Fat 7 g (Saturated 0.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 190 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 8 g), Protein 2 g.
Make Muffins! Oil a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper cups. Prepare batter; evenly divide between cups in pan. Bake in preheated 375° F oven, 15–18 min. Cool in pan 10 min; unmold.
If using Mini Loaf Pans, microwave for 3 min on high, uncovered. Rest in pans for 2 min; invert onto wire rack to cool. Or bake in preheated 350° F oven, 23–25 min. Cool in pans 10 min; unmold.
Shop This Recipe
Sweet Banana Bread & Muffin Mix (Pack of 2)