Put the joy back in baking with a cake mix you can count on and a recipe that even kiddos can make! Gluten-free and sugar-conscious, this layered number grabs fresh summer flavours and sweetness from real fruit. It's perfect for birthdays, potlucks, or any special occasion. We count weekends as special!
1⁄2 cup milk, your choice
1⁄3 cup oil + more for brushing
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup frozen strawberries
3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line 1⁄4 Sheet Pan with 1⁄4 Sheet Pan Liner. Lightly brush with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk cake mix with eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla until just combined.
- Pour batter onto pan and spread to edges. Bake 23–25 min, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let rest 10 min, then invert cake onto Cooling Rack. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, using an electric beater, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine strawberries and dip mix. Microwave, uncovered, on high 1 min, or until hot. Gently mash with a fork.
- To assemble, cut cake into 3 equal rectangles. Place bottom layer on a platter. Spread 1⁄4 cup whipped cream and 3 tbsp berry mixture over top. Top with next layer and repeat.
- Spread remaining whipped cream over entire cake and top with remaining berry mixture.