Spicy Cornbread Stuffing
Stuffing is not just for the holidays! Makes a spicy side dish for any Tex-Mex meal.
5 cups cubed, day-old cornbread
1 pkg (1 lb/450 g) frozen corn kernels
1⁄2 cup diced ham
2 tbsp Cheese & Jalapeño Dip Mix
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Combine cornbread, one half of the corn package, and ham in a large bowl.
- Blend second half of the corn package in a food processor with eggs, dip mix, Sea Salt, and Black Pepper.
- Stir egg mixture into stuffing, tossing to combine.
- Place in lightly sprayed 9” x 13” baking dish. Lightly spray a large sheet of foil with oil and use to cover the dish, oil-side down. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for approximately 20 minutes or until top is golden and slightly crisp.
Per serving: Calories 280, Fat 7 g (Saturated 2 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 620 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 16 g), Protein 7 g.