Spiced Pear Bread Puddings
This lovely fall dessert is perfect served warm.
4 small ripe pears
1 tbsp Poudre Douce
1 tsp lemon juice
8 slices bread
3 eggs, beaten
1⁄4 cup sugar
1 tspApple Pie Spice
1⁄4 tsp ginger (ground)
1 1⁄2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp Poudre Douce
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Lightly butter 4 petites cocottes. Place on Sheet Pan lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Peel, quarter, core and thinly slice 3 pears. Toss gently with Poudre Douce and lemon juice.
- Using a cocotte lid, cut circles of bread.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, Apple Pie Spice and ginger. Slowly whisk in milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- To assemble; place a layer of pears in the bottom of each cocotte. Dip rounds of bread in egg mixture and layer. Repeat. Pour remaining egg mixture over each cocotte.
- Cut last pear in half, core and thinly slice. Divide among tops of cocottes. Sprinkle with Poudre Douce.
- Bake 20–25 minutes.
Per serving: Calories 380, Fat 7 g (Saturated 2 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 185 mg, Sodium 370 mg, Carbohydrate 70 g (Fibre 7 g, Sugars 37 g), Protein 13 g.