Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Fruit
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tspSea Salt (Grinder)
1 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
1 cup applesauce
1 cup brown sugar
1⁄4 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, or 1 egg plus 2 egg whites
1 cup dried fruit
3 cups old-fashioned oats or quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine margarine, applesauce, sugars and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Stir in dried fruit and oats.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 3" apart onto Sheet Pan lined with Sheet Pan Liner. Lightly press cookies down with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 10–12 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges.
Per serving (1 cookie): Calories 130, Fat 3.5 g (Saturated 0.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 100 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 10 g), Protein 2 g.
To reduce fat content in your favourite baking recipes, substitute applesauce for some of the fat.