Jam Pop Tart
Go with whole wheat to make a better-for-you pop tart.
1 3⁄4 cups whole-wheat flour
1⁄4 tspSea Salt (Grinder)
2⁄3 cup butter, cold and cut into chunks
1⁄4 cup water, ice cold
1⁄3 cup jam, your choice
vanilla bean sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C) and line a Sheet Pan with a Sheet Pan Liner.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon, and butter to a food processor. Pulse to combine, until it resembles coarse meal. Drizzle water over the mixture and pulse until it starts to form a ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Roll into a rectangle, and then cut into 16 rectangles. Dollop 8 rectangles with 2 tsp Jam each. Wet edges and cover with another rectangle.
- Press edges with a fork to seal. Poke each centre with a couple of holes and sprinkle with Vanilla Bean Sugar, if desired.
- Transfer to Sheet Pan and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Store in freezer and toast to serve.
Per serving: Calories 250, Fat 16 g (Saturated 10 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 75 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 4 g.