2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cocoa powder
2 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 cup butter
1 1⁄2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Whisk together first four ingredients. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing until smooth. Stir in milk.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, beating until smooth.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured work surface. Cut and place on Sheet Pan lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 10 minutes, then bake for 12–15 minutes.
- Cool before decorating.