Air Fryer Chicken Po Boys
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup chopped veggies.
1 1⁄2 lb (675 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets
1 tbsp oil
1⁄4 cup cornmeal
2 medium tomatoes
1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce
6 whole wheat submarine buns
1⁄3 cup Epicure Aioli, your choice
Toppings (optional): pickles
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° F.
- In a bowl, toss chicken with oil.
- In a shallow dish, combine seasoning and cornmeal. Using tongs or your hands, add chicken one piece at a time, rotating and pressing to coat with the seasoning mixture.
- Place coated chicken in air fryer basket in a single layer and cook 10 min, or until chicken is cooked through, flipping at the halfway point. (You may need to do this in two batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.)
- Meanwhile, slice tomatoes and shred lettuce.
- Slice and toast buns, if desired. Spread aioli on buns. To assemble, divide chicken, lettuce, and tomato between buns along with additional toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 410, Fat 17 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 540 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g (Fibre 6 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 30 g.
Don't have an air fryer? Place coated chicken fillets in a single layer on Cooling Racks placed over Sheet Pan. Cook in a preheated oven at 425°F for 18–20 min, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.