1 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla extract, beating until smooth.
- Whisk together dry ingredients. Add to creamed mixture and blend until smooth.
- Divide dough and flatten each into a round disc to chill more quickly. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour, until dough is slightly firm.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface. Cut shapes and place on Sheet Pan lined with Sheet Pan Liner. Chill until firm. Sprinkle with decorating sugar, if desired.
- Bake cookies for 8 - 10 minutes, or until lightly golden at edges.
Per serving (1 cookie): Calories 80, Fat 4 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 55 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 1 g.
Choose a variety of cookie cutter shapes and sizes. Sprinkle tinted sugar on half the cookies before baking. Dip or drizzle baked, unsugared cookies with your choice of melted chocolate.