Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup veggies.
1⁄2 cup uncooked quinoa
1 1⁄2 cups hot water, divided
1 small zucchini
1 pkg Veggie Burger Mix
2 tbsp oil
4 burger buns
1⁄4 cup preparedBig Burger Sauce, optional
Toppings (optional): lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes, pickles, red onion rings.
- Place quinoa in Multipurpose Steamer; stir in 1 cup hot water. Microwave on high, uncovered, until tender and water has absorbed, 12–15 min.
- Meanwhile, grate and measure out 1 cup zucchini.
- In bowl, combine mix with 1⁄2 cup hot water. Using the 2-in-1 Citrus Press, squeeze in 3 tbsp juice from lemon. Add zucchini; stir until combined. When cooked, stir in quinoa.
- Preheat large fry pan over medium heat. When hot, add oil; scoop batter onto pan, making four burgers. Lightly press and flatten into shape. Cook until golden brown, 3–5 min per side.
- Place patties on bottom halves of buns, then add burger sauce and toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 420, Fat 15 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 580 mg, Carbohydrate 59 g (Fibre 13 g, Sugars 8 g), Protein 16 g.
Swap zucchini for spiralized beets or finely chopped cooked mushrooms.