With an Epicure Perfect Petites no tricky sushi rolling is needed!
1 1⁄2 cups sushi rice
3 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sugar
1⁄2 cup baby shrimp
1⁄4 cucumber, thinly sliced and halved
3 tbsp hot sauce
sesame seeds to garnish, optional
- Place rice in a medium sized bowl and cover with cold water. Swirl the rice in the water, pour off the water and repeat two or three times until the water is clear.
- Place rice and 1 1⁄2 cups of cold water into a Multipurpose Pot - 8 cup and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to the lowest setting and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Transfer rice to a bowl. Toss with vinegar, sugar and Asian Stir-Fry Seasoning.
- Place Perfect Petites on Sheet Pan. Divide rice into sections, pressing slightly.
- When completely cool, flip Perfect Petites onto Sheet Pan and twist to pop out rice.
- Top rice with a slice of cucumber, a small dollop of hot sauce and a baby shrimp. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Per serving (1 bite): Calories 45, Fat 0.1 g (Saturated 0 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 15 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g (Fibre 0 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 1 g.