Spa Bran Muffins
Moist treat meets slim & trim food with fill-you-up fibre. Win-win! Keep a batch in the fridge for grab-and-go breakfasts all week.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1⁄4 tsp salt
1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
1⁄2 cup molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup skim milk
1 1⁄2 cups bran
- Preheat oven to 400° F (205° C).
- Place a lightly oiled Muffin Maker on a Sheet Pan.
- Whisk first 5 ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together applesauce, sugar, molasses, egg, vanilla extract and milk.
- Stir in bran.
- Using Corner Spatula, combine dry and wet ingredients in a few swift strokes. Scoop into muffin pan. Bake 15–18 minutes.
Per serving: Calories 150, Fat 0.5 g (Saturated 0 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 160 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 19 g), Protein 3 g.
Make Ahead: Prepare batter the night before and refrigerate overnight. Bake beautiful fresh muffins in the morning.