Smokin’ BBQ Pork Chops
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup veggies and 1 cup grilled corn or potatoes.
1⁄2 pkg Smokin’ BBQ Sauce Mix, about 1/4 cup
3 tbsp oil, divided
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
4 bone-in, centre-cut pork loin chops, about 1 lb (450 g)
1 red onion
1 red bell pepper
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
Toppings (optional): Smokin’ BBQ Sauce, chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine mix with 2 tbsp oil and vinegar. Add pork chops; evenly coat with sauce. If you have extra time, refrigerate and marinate for 15 min or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut onion into thick rings. Cut pepper into thick, chunky pieces.
- Place a Sheet Pan Liner on a Sheet Pan. Add cut veggies; drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Push to one half of the pan, add chops, and head to the grill.
- Add chops, peppers, and onion (remove Sheet Pan Liner) to preheated grill. Sear chops, 2 min per side, then reduce heat to medium. Flip pork and veggies often until pork is cooked through and veggies are lightly charred, about 8–10 min. Remove food when cooked and place on Sheet Pan. Sprinkle with toppings, as desired.
Per serving: Calories 290, Fat 20 g (Saturated 4 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 260 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 20 g.
Make use of the Sheet Pan and Sheet Pan Liner when heading to the grill. Place uncooked meat or veggies on the liner; remove liner once food hits the grill and then use the Sheet Pan as a clean, food-safe tray to bring cooked food back inside or to the table.