Slow Cooker Chicken Souvlaki
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup baby spinach or seasonal, mixed veggies, 2 tbsp prepared Dillicious Tzatziki, 1 serving prepared Classic Greek Salad.
3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp Souvlaki Seasoning
Sea Salt (Grinder), if desired
Black Pepper (Grinder), if desired
1 1⁄2 lbs (690 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pork, or lamb, cut into strips
4 bell peppers, sliced
8 pitas, warmed
- In a small bowl combine oil, lemon juice, and Souvlaki Seasoning. Season with Salt and Pepper, if desired.
- Toss chicken, peppers, and oil mixture together in a slow cooker and spread out evenly.
- Close lid and cook 3 hours on high, or 6 hours on low, or until chicken is cooked and the peppers are soft.
- Serve with warm pitas and your favorite fixings.
Per serving: Calories 280, Fat 9 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 240 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 30 g.
1 recipe, 2 ways:
- Make it fast in your microwave: Easy Souvlaki
- Make a big batch on a sheet pan: Sheet Pan Chicken Souvlaki