Red Curry Chicken Bowl
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup sliced vegetables, your choice.
1 cup white rice
1 pkg Thai Red Curry Seasoning
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) coconut milk, preferably light
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 cups snow peas
1 cup frozen peas
Toppings (optional): Thai basil leaves or cilantro, lime wedges
- In Multipurpose Steamer, combine rice with 2 1⁄2 cups water. Microwave on high, uncovered, 15 min.
- Meanwhile, in a wok, combine seasoning and coconut milk. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring often. Cook for 2 min.
- Cut chicken into small pieces. Add to wok and bring back to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 6 min.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop snow peas. Once chicken is cooked, add snow peas and frozen peas. Cover and simmer, 2 min.
- Divide curry into bowls and top each with 1⁄2 cup rice and toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 490, Fat 11 g (Saturated 7 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 470 mg, Carbohydrate 60 g (Fibre 5 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 35 g.
Make it vegetarian: Swap meat for 4 cups lentils or beans.