Lighten Up Scalloped Potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
6 medium unpeeled potatoes such as Yukon Gold, thinly sliced
2 tbspHerb & Garlic Dip Mix
1 1⁄2 cupsNourish Broth, or Beef Broth, prepared
1 1⁄2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan or crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Using a basting brush, brush a 9” x 13” casserole dish with oil.
- Layer potato slices in dish, sprinkling with Herb & Garlic Dip Mix between layers.
- Pour Broth overtop. Cover with foil, and bake until potatoes are tender, approximately 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs and cheese. After 45 minutes, uncover potatoes, and sprinkle breadcrumb mixture overtop. Bake until potatoes are light golden and cheese melts, approximately 5 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Per serving: Calories 190, Fat 3.5 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 6 g.
These don’t have to be served piping hot – they taste just as good at room temp.
Cut recipe in half, and prep in Epicure Multipurpose Steamer for a smaller crowd.