Grilling a Caesar salad adds smoky flavour to a classic, elevating taste and texture. Grill a double batch of chicken so you have leftovers for another meal.
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp oil
1 large head romaine lettuce
Sea Salt, optional, to taste
Black Pepper, optional, to taste
1⁄4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
1 cup croutons
Topping (optional): prepared Pesto Sauce
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Rub chicken with oil. Shake seasoning on both sides.
- Grill, with lid closed, 4–5 min per side, or until cooked through. Remove from grill and set aside; cover to keep warm.
- Lower grill to medium heat.
- Wash lettuce and quarter lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cook wedges, cut-side down, 1–2 min on each cut side, until grill-marked.
- Divide lettuce between four plates. Top with dressing, Parmesan cheese, and croutons.
- Slice chicken and divide between plates. Top with pesto sauce, if desired.