Ginger & Lemongrass Grilled Chicken
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup rice and 1 cup veggies of your choice.
1 pkg Thai Red Curry Seasoning
1⁄2 can (14 oz/398 ml) coconut milk
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1⁄2 lime, optional
Toppings (optional): lime wedges, Thai basil leaves
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, whisk together seasoning and coconut milk. Add chicken. If you have time, let stand 10 min or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Using tongs, pick up each piece of chicken and let the excess marinade drip off, then place on grill. Grill with lid closed, turning often, until cooked, about 15 min.
- Place remaining marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then let simmer, stirring occasionally until reduced, about 2 min.
- To serve, plate chicken; spoon sauce on top and squeeze fresh lime over, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 250, Fat 15 g (Saturated 10 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 460 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 25 g.
Shake the can of coconut milk before opening to help ensure the cream on top mixes with the milk on the bottom.
Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of chicken and the grill. To test chicken for doneness, insert an instant read thermometer into the thickest part of the meat. It should register at 165° F.