Make this recipe ahead of time and serve it chilled as a pasta salad – it makes a yummy school lunch. Mix and match with your family’s favourite veggies or protein. Even picky eaters will love this one!
This is a perfectly balanced plate.
2 cups small pasta shells
1 large lemon
1⁄4 cup olive oil
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2 breasts
2 bell peppers
1⁄2 English cucumber
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) artichoke hearts
Toppings (optional): feta cheese
- In Multipurpose Pot, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, 7–8 min.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing. In a large bowl, using a box grater or microplane, finely grate zest from lemon. Using 2-in-1 Citrus Press, squeeze in juice from zested lemon. Whisk in oil and dip mix.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; place in Multipurpose Steamer. Cover; cook on high 4 min, stirring halfway, or until cooked through. Drain excess liquid.
- Dice peppers and cucumber. Drain artichoke hearts; roughly chop. Place in bowl with dressing. Set aside.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cool water to prevent sticking. Add pasta, chicken and feta, if using, to bowl; stir to mix.
Use Epicure’s Non-Slip Cutting Board to safely prepare chicken and veggies. Simply flip board over to a clean chopping surface to prevent cross-contamination.
Olive oil is great for salad dressing. It’s mild, earthy flavour pairs well with the punchy lemon in this recipe.