Best Ever Ranch Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup sliced vegetables.
1⁄2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp light mayonnaise
1 tbspCreamy Ranch Dip Mix, or Dip Mix of your choice
1 tsp mustard
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) unsalted chickpeas
1⁄4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
1 large tomato
1⁄2 English cucumber
4 lettuce leaves
8 slices whole-grain bread, toasted, if desired
- In a bowl, stir together yogurt, mayonnaise, dip mix, and mustard.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Add to bowl and lightly mash with a fork. Add pumpkin seeds and mix until well combined. Add pepper and salt, to taste. Set aside.
- Slice tomato and cucumber.
- To assemble sandwiches, place lettuce leaves on four slices of bread and spread chickpea filling on top. Add sliced vegetables. Cover with second slice of bread.
- Cut diagonally and serve.
Per serving: Calories 440, Fat 14 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 400 mg, Carbohydrate 56 g (Fibre 12 g, Sugars 9 g), Protein 23 g.
Load on the freshness! Bell peppers, sprouts, onion, radishes, and dried cranberries or raisins are great additions to this sandwich.