Toasted Gnocchi & Kale Pesto
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1⁄2 cup veggies, your choice.
1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2 breasts
1⁄2 bunch green kale
1⁄4 cup water
2 - 3 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp raw sunflower or pepita seeds
2 tbspHerb & Garlic Dip Mix
1 pkg (350 g) Olivieri® Skillet Gnocchi®
Toppings (optional): halved cherry tomatoes, grated parmesan
- Heat 1⁄2 tbsp oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; stir-fry until cooked through, 6–8 min. Remove from pan and set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, de-stem kale and tear leaves. You should have about 4 cups (packed). In a food processor or high-speed blender, add kale, water, lemon juice, 3 tbsp oil, seeds, and dip mix. Blend until well combined, scraping down the sides, as necessary. It will be thick—thin out with more water or oil, if desired.
- Over medium heat, heat remaining 1⁄2 tbsp oil. Add gnocchi; cook, stirring frequently until golden brown, 4–5 min.
- Add cooked chicken and pesto to pan; stir until combined. Add toppings and stir to mix. Serve immediately.
Per serving: Calories 500, Fat 21 g (Saturated 3.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 95 mg, Sodium 580 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g (Fibre 4 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 34 g.
Look for skillet gnocchi in the refrigerated pasta section of your grocery store. While traditional gnocchi is boiled, this product only requires a quick pan-fry. The end result is a crispy golden exterior with a soft and fluffy interior.