Thai Chicken Broil
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup leafy greens and 1 tsp Epicure salad dressing
1 cup white rice
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
Toppings (optional): sliced green onions or fresh basil leaves, lime wedges, bean sprouts
- Arrange rack in top third of oven. Preheat broiler to high.
- In Multipurpose Steamer, combine rice with 2 1⁄2 cups water. Microwave on high, uncovered, 15 min.
- Meanwhile; cut chicken into small pieces. Thinly slice peppers. Place in a bowl; add seasoning, oil, and soy sauce. Toss to evenly mix.
- Spread out on Sheet Pan; broil, rotating pan and stirring often, until cooked through, 8 min.
- Place 1⁄2 cup rice on each plate; top with chicken mixture. Scrape any pan juices over top and add toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 430, Fat 10 g (Saturated 10 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 260 mg, Carbohydrate 51 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 7 g), Protein 31 g.
Make it vegetarian: swap chicken for 1 lb (450 g) cubed firm organic tofu.