Sylvie's Mini Pumpkin Pancakes with Maple Cinnamon Butter
Moist, tender and lightly spiced hot cakes – a treat to wake up to on the weekend, or a Wednesday!
Maple Cinnamon Butter:
1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 tbsp Maple Spice Sweet Dip Mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tsp salt
1 tbspApple Pie Spice, or Pumpkin Pie Spice
1⁄4 cup canola oil, plus more to cook
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup milk
1⁄2 cup yogurt
- Beat maple cinnamon butter ingredients together until light and creamy. Set aside.
- For the pancakes, whisk dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, oil, pumpkin, milk and yogurt in a second mixing bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry until just moistened. Batter should have some lumps.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in frying pan over medium heat. Drop batter in by heaping tablespoons. Flip when bubbles form on top and continue to cook until golden brown. Cook in small batches and try not to over-crowd the pan.
- Serve with maple cinnamon butter.
Per serving (2 mini pancakes): Calories 230, Fat 14 g (Saturated 6 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 330 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 5 g.
Make Ahead: Cook a double batch and freeze for quick toaster breakfasts or easy lunchtime snacks.