Sylvie's Apple Pancakes
Caramelized apples make these pancakes extra special.
2 tbsp butter
3 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1⁄2 tbsp Maple Spice Sweet Dip Mix
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tspApple Pie Spice
1 tsp salt
1 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
1 3⁄4 cups milk
2 tbsp melted butter
- Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat. Add the apples and sprinkle with Maple Spice Dip Mix. Caramelize the apples until deep golden in colour. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, Apple Pie Spice, and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, vanilla extract, and milk until frothy. Add the flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in melted butter and cooked apples.
- Preheat frying pan to medium heat. Drop in 1⁄4 cup batter for each pancake. Flip pancakes when bubbles begin to appear on surface and edges are crisp. Cook to golden brown.
Per serving (2 pancakes): Calories 360, Fat 10 g (Saturated 6 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 490 mg, Carbohydrate 54 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 16 g), Protein 9 g.
For a lighter, fluffier pancake, separate the eggs and whisk the whites separately until soft peaks form. Fold into the finished batter.