Summer Lasagna Skillet
Everything you love about lasagna, but faster, with less fuss, and no layering!
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 2 cups leafy greens and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
1 bell pepper
1 medium zucchini
1 pkgPhilly-Style Cheesesteak Seasoning (Pack of 3), or Sloppy Joe Seasoning
2 cups water or broth, your choice
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) crushed tomatoes
6 oven-ready lasagna noodles
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Toppings (optional): dollops of ricotta cheese, fresh basil
- In Sauté Pan, brown beef over medium-high heat, 3–4 min, or until no longer pink. Use Ground Meat Separator to break up chunks.
- Meanwhile, dice pepper and zucchini.
- Add pepper, zucchini, seasoning, water or broth, and tomatoes to pan with beef. Stir to combine.
- Coarsely break up each lasagna noodle into 3–4 pieces and add to pan. Stir to combine. Noodles should be mostly covered in liquid.
- Simmer, partially covered, until noodles are tender, about 15 min. Stir occasionally while simmering.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese. Before serving, top with dollops of ricotta cheese and basil, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 480, Fat 19 g (Saturated 9 g, Trans 0.4 g), Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 590 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g (Fibre 6 g, Sugars 8 g), Protein 36 g.
If you have time, let the dish rest a few minutes before serving. This will allow some of the moisture to redistribute and give you a thicker sauce.