Steak & Slaw Sandwich
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup sliced veggies.
1 lb (450 g) grilling steak, such as top sirloin, about 1/2 to 1” thick
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp Montreal Steak Rub or BBQ Chicken & Rib Rub
1⁄4 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp cider vinegar
2 cups shredded coleslaw mix
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
1 large field or heirloom tomato
4 lettuce leaves
4 hamburger or brioche buns, split and toasted
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, coat both sides of the steak in oil; rub 1⁄2 tbsp rub on each side. Let stand to marinate while preparing remaining ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, and vinegar. Add coleslaw. Toss to coat; taste, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place steak on grill; close lid and grill to desired doneness, about 3 min per side for medium rare. Remove to a cutting board, let steak rest about 2–3 min before slicing. Thinly slice steak against the grain.
- Slice tomato; arrange on bottom buns with lettuce leaves. Add steak and top with coleslaw. Cover with top bun.
Per serving: Calories 370, Fat 14 g (Saturated 3 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 430 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 5 g), Protein 29 g.
Toast the buns on the grill. Place cut-side down on the grill until toasted, about 15–30 seconds.