1 cup regular or gluten free breadcrumbs
1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Sea Salt , if desired
Black Pepper , if desired
2 lbs (900 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Cover the bottom of a crockpot with the 1⁄2 cup of Marinara Sauce.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, seasoning, and salt and pepper, if desired.
- Dip each chicken piece in the breadcrumb mixture, patting to coat thoroughly on both sides.
- Place the chicken pieces in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Cover with the rest of the marinara sauce, layer mozzarella cheese on top.
- Close lid and cook 6 hours on low, or 3 hours on high, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve hot.