Use this quick fix when you want the satisfaction and comfort of lasagna without all the work of layering. Toss the saucy and meaty bits with broken oven-ready lasagna noodles and spread it all out on a Sheet Pan—it naturally forms layers that cook up fast 'n gooey.
Serve with 2 cups leafy greens and 1 tbsp Epicure Dressing.
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
1 pkg (13 oz/375 g) oven-ready lasagna noodles, about 12 pieces
1 container (500 g/16 oz) 2% cottage cheese, about 2 cups
1 3⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella or Italian blend, divided
1⁄2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line Sheet Pan with Sheet Pan Liner. Break noodles into thirds; set aside.
- In Multipurpose or Round Steamer, combine beef with 1 tbsp seasoning. Cover and microwave on high 4 min.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cottage cheese with remaining 1 tbsp seasoning, egg, and 1⁄4 cup cheese. Set aside.
- Break up beef with Ground Meat Separator. Don’t drain any liquid. Carefully stir in noodles, 3⁄4 cup cheese, and sauce until evenly mixed as best you can (it will be full!). Spread out on pan. Pour boiling water over top.
- Dollop on cottage cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is browned and bubbly, 35–40 min.
Use a 50⁄50 ground beef and pork blend for a juicier texture.
This recipe is a little high in sodium. If you’re following the Epic Life program, prepare the Marinara Sauce with low-sodium diced and crushed tomatoes.