Saucy Queso Chicken
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup steamed veggies and 1⁄2 cup rice.
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2)
1 pkgOoey Gooey Queso Dip Mix (Pack of 3), divided
1⁄2 tbsp oil
1 1⁄2 cups milk, your choice
1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Toppings (optional): crushed tortilla chips, pickled jalapenos, Poco Picante Salsa
- To thinly slice chicken, place one hand on one breast and press down firmly. Curve fingers up slightly for safety. Carefully slice meat horizontally. Repeat with remaining chicken. You should have four pieces in total. Season chicken with 1 tbsp hot dip mix.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4–5 min per side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare queso sauce. In Multipurpose Steamer, whisk remaining hot dip mix with milk. Microwave, uncovered on high for 4–5 min, or until thickened. Whisk halfway through cooking. Remove from microwave. Stir in grated cheddar.
- Thinly slice avocado. Cut lime into quarters.
- To serve, spoon queso sauce over chicken, top with avocado and lime. Add additional toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 360, Fat 18 g (Saturated 7 g, Trans 0.2 g), Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 470 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 35 g.
Make it vegetarian–swap chicken with firm tofu, sliced into thick steaks.