Santa Fe Chicken & White Bean Soup
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup sliced vegetables.
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2
1 tbspTaco SeasoningorFajita Seasoning, divided
2 bell peppers
3 cupsNourish Broth
2 cups frozen corn niblets
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) white kidney beans
4 cups baby spinach
1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
Toppings (optional): Garlic Onion Nutritional Yeast Topper, sliced jalapenos, sour cream, tortilla chips,
- Place chicken in Multipurpose Steamer. Sprinkle 1⁄2 tbsp seasoning on top. Cover; microwave on high 7 min.
- Meanwhile, dice bell peppers. In Wok, combine bell pepper, broth, corn, and remaining 1⁄2 tbsp seasoning. Cover; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once chicken is cooked, let rest 2 min then uncover. There will be liquid from the chicken in the steamer—, do not discard as this will help flavour the soup. Using 2 forks, shred chicken.
- Drain and rinse beans. Uncover wok; add shredded chicken and beans. Stir; reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer 4 min to allow flavours to blend.
- Meanwhile, dice avocado. Add spinach to soup and stir until wilted.
- Spoon soup into bowls. Top with diced avocado, cheese, and additional toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 430, Fat 12 g (Saturated 2 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 490 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g (Fibre 13 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 41 g.