Roasted Tomato CCB Soup
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 slice whole wheat or sourdough bread with 1 tbsp butter or 2 tbsp avocado. Add a boiled egg in your soup to up your protein.
2 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes, about 12, quartered
1 red onion, thinly sliced
5 tbspCCB Dip Mix, divided
2 tbsp each olive oil and balsamic vinegar
1⁄2 tspSea Salt (Grinder), finely ground
1⁄2 tspBlack Pepper (Grinder), finely ground
4 cupsVegetable BrothorMiso Broth, prepared
1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
3 - 4 tbsp milk or water
1⁄4 cup finishing sauce of your choice, optional
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a Sheet Pan with a Sheet Pan Liner.
- Place tomatoes and onion in a bowl; drizzle with 3 tbsp seasoning, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss to mix; spread out on Sheet Pan Liner.
- Bake until tomatoes are soft, juicy, and starting to burst, about 30 min.
- Scrape mixture into a Multipurpose Pot; add broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 min to let flavours blend. Working in batches, purée in a blender until smooth. Return soup to pot; stir in remaining 2 tbsp dip mix. Reheat over medium-high, stirring often, until warm. If making ahead, refrigerate up to 3 days or portion and freeze up to 3 months.
- To serve, stir yogurt with aioli mix and milk. Spoon soup into bowls and top with a swirl of yogurt mixture. Top with finishing sauce, if desired.
Per serving (1 cup): Calories 50, Fat 3 g (Saturated 0.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 160 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 2 g.