Rich, Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
1 lb (450 g) macaroni
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 1⁄2 cups 2% milk
2 tbspCCB Dip Mix
3 cups grated low-fat cheddar cheese
1 pinch cayenne pepper
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Preheat Multipurpose Pot over medium heat. Add oil and butter.
- When butter melts into oil, whisk in flour. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add milk, whisking to combine. Stir in CCB Dip Mix. Bring to a simmer.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in cheddar, one cup at a time. Season to taste with cayenne pepper, Salt and Pepper.
- Add cooked pasta to pot. Stir to combine.
Per serving: Calories 740, Fat 20 g (Saturated 9 g, Trans 0.2 g), Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 680 mg, Carbohydrate 97 g (Fibre 6 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 41 g.
Serve with a crisp green salad.