Rice and Black Beans
Serve as a side dish with chicken, pork and fish, or serve as a filling for burritos.
3 cups cooked rice
1 cup corn niblets, canned, frozen or fresh
1 can (19 oz/540 ml) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup diced tomatoes
2 tbspPoco Picante Salsa Mix
1 tbsp Cinco Pepper Blend
1 cup grated low-fat cheese, your choice
- Preheat oven to 325° F (190° C).
- Lightly spray an oven-proof dish with oil. Place rice, corn and beans in dish.
- Prepare Salsa by combining tomatoes, Salsa Mix and Cinco Pepper Blend.
- Stir into rice, corn and beans.
- Top with cheese and bake for 25 minutes.
Per serving: Calories 190, Fat 3.5 g (Saturated 2 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g (Fibre 5 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 10 g.