Rancher Style Baked Beans & Eggs
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 slice whole-grain bread.
3⁄4 cups water
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) crushed tomatoes
1⁄2 cup molasses, cooking or fancy
2 tbsp white vinegar
4 cans (19 oz/540 ml each) pinto beans
1 tbsp oil
2 bell peppers
2 cups baby spinach
Toppings (optional): 2% plain Greek yogurt, grated cheese
- In Multipurpose Steamer, whisk together seasoning, water, tomatoes, molasses, and vinegar.
- Drain and rinse beans; combine with sauce. Cover; microwave on high until warmed through, 10 min.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Thinly slice bell pepper and cook until softened, about 3–5 min.
- Once beans are cooked, add half (about 4 cups) to the pan and stir. Reserve remainder for future use.
- Make four wells in the beans and break an egg into each one.
- Cover pan with a lid and cook until egg whites are set, about 2–3 min.
- Remove from heat and add spinach; cover until spinach is slightly wilted, about 30 sec. Serve with additional toppings, if desired.
Per serving: Calories 400, Fat 11 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 245 mg, Sodium 520 mg, Carbohydrate 57 g (Fibre 12 g, Sugars 21 g), Protein 20 g.