Pumpkin Crème Brûlée
A fall twist on a classic dessert you can enjoy year-round!
1 can (12 oz/354 ml) evaporated milk
2⁄3 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1⁄2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) pumpkin purée
1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C).
- In Multipurpose Pot - 8 cup, heat evaporated milk until steaming. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and Pumpkin Pie Spice. Whisk in pumpkin purée. Then add hot milk.
- Ladle into six 3⁄4 cup custard cups. Place cups in 9” x 13” pan filled with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of cups.
- Bake in 325° F (160° C) oven for 35–40 minutes or until custard appears firm on top but centre wobbles slightly.
- Remove cups from pan; let cool on rack to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Sprinkle tops of custard with brown sugar.
- Set cups on Sheet Pan. Broil as close to broiler as possible for 1 minute or until sugar melts. Serve immediately.
Per serving: Calories 210, Fat 4 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 110 mg, Sodium 115 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 35 g), Protein 9 g.
Can be prepared up to 2 days ahead. Cook, cover, and refrigerate. Before serving, sprinkle with with sugar and bake under the grill.