PSL: Pumpkin Spice Latte
1 cup water
3⁄4 cup sugar
2 - 3 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups milk, your choice
1⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
2 cups strong brewed coffee
- To make simple syrup, boil water, sugar, and Pumpkin Pie Spice in a Multipurpose Pot - 8 cup over high heat for 1 minute, whisking frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- In a large microwave-safe measuring cup, whisk milk with pumpkin. Microwave on high for 1 min, or until mixture starts to bubble.
- Using a milk frother or whisk, beat until frothy.
- Pour coffee into tumblers or cups. Stir 1–2 tsp syrup into each cup. (Refrigerate remaining syrup in a Cruet for another day.) Pour in frothed milk. Dust with more Pumpkin Pie Spice, if desired.
Per serving (with 1 tsp syrup): Calories 70, Fat 2.5 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 65 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 4 g.
Make it special by adding 1 oz dark rum or Grand Marnier.