An Italian favourite. As an alternative to asparagus, try it with fresh green beans.
24 asparagus spears
12 thin slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise
1 1⁄2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
pinch ofLemon Dilly Dip Mix
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
- Trim asparagus ends and peel lower third with a Y-Peeler.
- Boil until tender-crisp. Drain, cool in a bowl of ice water for 2 minutes, drain again and pat dry with paper towel.
- Wrap each spear with prosciutto and arrange lengthwise on a serving tray.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and Lemon Dilly Dip Mix. Brush over asparagus with a basting brush.
- Season with Salt and Pepper and serve.
Per serving: Calories 50, Fat 3 g (Saturated 0.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 230 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 3 g.