An Italian favourite. As an alternative to asparagus, try it with fresh green beans.
24 asparagus spears
12 thin slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise
1 1⁄2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
Sea Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
- Trim asparagus ends and peel lower third with a Y-Peeler.
- Boil until tender-crisp. Drain, cool in a bowl of ice water for 2 minutes, drain again and pat dry with paper towel.
- Wrap each spear with prosciutto and arrange lengthwise on a serving tray.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and Lemon Dilly Dip Mix. Brush over asparagus with a basting brush.
- Season with Salt and Pepper and serve.