A gratin is traditionally baked in a shallow oval dish to best enjoy its characteristic golden crust. Savour this French classic at home as a comforting side dish.
2 lb (900 g) potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
Sea Salt (Grinder), to taste
Black Pepper (Grinder), to taste
1 1⁄2 cupsNourish Broth, prepared
1 cup whipping cream
2 tbsp3 Onion Dip Mix
1 cup shredded low-fat Swiss or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Layer potato slices in a lightly buttered oval Au gratin dish. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine Nourish Bouillon, whipping cream and 3 Onion Dip Mix. Pour over potatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese and continue to bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Serve warm directly from the dish.
Per serving: Calories 240, Fat 11 g (Saturated 7 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 135 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 2 g), Protein 8 g.