Potato and Cabbage Soup
Discover delicious Irish flavour with one of our favourites from the Emerald Isle.
6 slices bacon, diced
1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
2 large carrots, thinly sliced
3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cups shredded green cabbage
3 tbsp3 Onion Dip Mix
4 cupsNourish Broth
1 cup buttermilk
2 tbspLemon Dilly Dip Mix, optional
Sea Salt, coarsely ground, to taste
Black Pepper, coarsely ground, to taste
- In Multipurpose Pot, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Meanwhile, place flour, carrots and celery in a paper or plastic bag and shake until thoroughly coated. Discard excess flour.
- Remove and set aside bacon, keeping the hot fat in pan.
- Add floured vegetables, reduce temperature to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar and Balsamic Vinegar.
- Add potatoes, cabbage, 3 Onion Dip Mix and Nourish Broth. Stir and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add buttermilk and Lemon Dilly Dip Mix if using, heat to boiling and season with Salt and Pepper. Serve piping hot.
Per serving: Calories 360, Fat 7 g (Saturated 2.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 570 mg, Carbohydrate 58 g (Fibre 7 g, Sugars 10 g), Protein 18 g.