Orange and Date Muffins
2 oranges, peeled, cut into 8 pieces each and seeds removed
1 cup orange juice
1⁄2 cup applesauce
3 cups flour
1 1⁄2 cups sugar
1⁄2 tspApple Pie Spice
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1⁄2 cups chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Lightly oil Perfect Portion Muffin Pan or Silicone Mini-Loaf Pans with vegetable oil.
- Place oranges, orange juice, eggs and applesauce in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add orange mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just blended.
- Spoon into prepared pan(s) and bake for 18-20 minutes (may take 5-7 minutes longer if using Mini-Loaf Pans).
Per serving (1 muffin): Calories 270, Fat 1.5 g (Saturated 0.4 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 460 mg, Carbohydrate 64 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 37 g), Protein 5 g.