Lemon Blueberry Muffins
2 cups all-purpose or gluten free flour
1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tsp salt
zest of one lemon
3⁄4 cup milk
1 tbsp lemon juice, about 1/2 a lemon
1⁄3 cup oil
3⁄4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄2 tsp almond extract
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Lightly spray or brush Muffin Maker with vegetable oil.
- Whisk first 5 ingredients and set aside.
- Add lemon juice to milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, almond extract and milk.
- Toss blueberries in 1 tbsp of dry ingredients.
- Using Corner Spatula, stir wet into dry until just moistened. Add blueberries with last few strokes.
- Scoop into Muffin Maker. Bake 15–18 minutes.
Per serving (1 muffin): Calories 200, Fat 7 g (Saturated 0.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 200 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 15 g), Protein 3 g.