Le Taj Baked Vegetable Pakoras
Gluten-free and still crispy, these Pakoras are sure to please!
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups chickpea flour
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tspSea Salt (Grinder)
1 cup Le Taj sauce, prepared
1 cup cauliflower, chopped into bite-size pieces
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1⁄2 cup frozen green peas
1 medium carrot, grated
1 medium potato, peeled and grated
- Preheat oven to 450° F (230° C). Using a basting brush, lightly oil a Sheet Pan. Place in oven while preparing the rest of ingredients so your pan is hot when you scoop the batter onto it.
- In a large bowl, combine chickpea flour, baking powder, and Sea Salt.
- Stir in 1⁄4 cup Le Taj sauce, and 1 cup water to create a very thick pancake batter. Add a little water at a time, if required, to get a thick but smooth consistency.
- Add vegetables to the batter, mixing well to coat
- Remove Sheet Pan from oven. Scoop 1 generous tbsp of battered veggies, and drop onto the Sheet Pan, approximately 2’’ apart.
- Bake for 8–9 minutes, then flip and bake an additional 9–10 minutes, until golden-brown.
- Serve hot, with remaining prepared Le Taj sauce for dipping.
Per serving: Calories 130, Fat 6 g (Saturated 0.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 190 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 3 g), Protein 5 g.
Serve with extra prepared Le Taj finishing sauce, plain yogurt, and a little mango chutney, or Mango curry Dip.