Jalapeño Corn Cakes
Spicy silver dollar-sized cakes—Mexican fare at its finest! Top with prepared Guacamole and a dollop of prepared Salsa.
1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp Cheese & Jalapeño Dip Mix
1⁄2 tsp salt
1 1⁄2 cups milk
1⁄4 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
1⁄2 cup cornmeal
1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Whisk first five ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg, milk, and butter in a second bowl. Stir in cornmeal.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and add corn. Do not overmix; mixture should be lumpy.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Lightly spray pan with vegetable oil.
- Using a heaping tablespoon of batter each, form cakes and cook for 1–2 minutes. Turn and cook for an additional minute. Repeat with remaining batter.
Per serving: Calories 140, Fat 5 g (Saturated 3 g, Trans 0.1 g), Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 250 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 4 g.
Leftover cakes freeze easily. Reheat and serve when needed.