Jack-O'-Lantern Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 3⁄4 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt and 2 cups chopped veggies.
1 pkg Pumpkin Spice Loaf & Muffin Mix
1 cup pumpkin purée
1 cup water
1⁄4 cup oil, for batter
3 tsp oil, for cooking
1⁄4 cupCaramel SauceorChocolate Fudge Sauce, optional
Toppings (optional): plain 2% Greek yogurt, chocolate chips, chopped pecans, whipped cream, maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk mix with eggs, pumpkin purée, water, and 1⁄4 cup oil. Let batter rest 3 min—it will continue to thicken.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in Sauté Pan over medium heat.
- Working in batches and using 1⁄4 cup as a guide, scoop 3 pancakes into pan, leaving space between them.
- Cook 2–5 min. When edges start to brown, flip each pancake and cook for an additional 1–2 min.
- Repeat steps 2–4 for two more batches, or until all batter is cooked. Cooking times will vary.
- Divide pancakes between four plates. If using, scoop caramel or fudge sauce into piping bag (or Ziploc® bag with one corner snipped). Draw Jack-O'-Lantern faces on pancakes. Add toppings, if desired.
Per serving (2 pancakes): Calories 360, Fat 17 g (Saturated 2 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 460 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g (Fibre 3 g, Sugars 19 g), Protein 5 g.
Instead of piping caramel or fudge sauce to make faces, arrange chocolate chips into Jack-O'-Lantern smiles on the pancakes.
To create a pumpkin-shaped pancake, drag a small amount of batter out of one side to make a ‘stem’ right after you scoop the batter into the pan.