Take your celebration to the tropics with this elevated take on roast ham! This mouthwatering dish not only serves as a rich source of protein, but also delivers a burst of sweet and tangy flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. The luscious pineapple slices add a tropical twist, bringing a burst of juicy sweetness to each bite, while the zesty mustard cuts through the richness, adding a delightful tang.
1 knob fresh ginger, about 2” long
2 lbs (900 g) cooked, smoked boneless ham
1 can (14 oz/398 ml) pineapple rings
1 tbsp dried cherries, about 8 cherries
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Peel and grate ginger into a small bowl. Stir in mustard and 2 tbsp dry glaze. Set aside.
- Using a knife, score top and sides of ham in a diamond pattern. Place in Multipurpose Steamer; pour mustard glaze over top. Using your hands, rub to evenly coat ham.
- Open can of pineapple rings. Spoon out rings and 2 tbsp juice; set aside for later. Pour remaining juice into steamer. Cover with lid; bake 30 min. Uncover, baste ham with pan juices. Cover and continue baking for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, in Prep Bowl, combine cherries and reserved 2 tbsp pineapple juice. Microwave 1 min or until cherries have plumped up. Set aside.
- Removes steamer from oven and uncover. Using toothpicks, decoratively arrange the pineapple rings and cherries on the ham. Pour remaining cherry liquid in steamer. Sprinkle pineapple rings with remaining 1 tbsp dry glaze. Bake uncovered, until the pineapple rings turn a golden brown, about 10 min.
- Let ham stand for 10 min before slicing. Reserve pan juices for dipping, if desired.
Make boozy cherries! Instead of re-hydrating your cherries with pineapple juice, try brandy, bourbon, or orange liqueur.
Skip peeling your ginger—simply scrub your ginger clean and grate!