Herbed Sage & Apple-stuffed Chicken
A great way to use up leftover stuffing from the holidays or make a meal extra special.
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 cupSteamer Sage & Apple Stuffing, prepared, cold
2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Gently separate chicken tender from each breast, but don’t completely remove. Be sure they are still attached.
- Divide Sage & Apple Stuffing in half and softly squeeze into two oblong balls. Place each ball between tender and breast meat. Press together. Secure with toothpicks or tie with kitchen twine.
- Brush tops of chicken with oil, then season with Herb & Garlic Dip Mix. Place in heat-proof serving dish. Bake, lid off, until chicken is cooked through, 30–35 minutes.
- Let stand 8 minutes, then remove toothpicks or cut off string. Slice into thick rounds.
Per serving: Calories 110, Fat 4 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 125 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 12 g.
Choose large skinless, boneless chicken breasts that still have the “tender” attached.